Monday 25 April 2016



Dark Souls III
Crystal Sage



The Successor of Crystal Sorceries

 A long time ago an accord was struck between the Legion of Farron and the Crystal Mages. They would be allowed to practice their arts as long as they supported the Undead Legion with sorceries, both maintaining and bolstering their already impressive strength. And now the time has come to silence the Successor, for enough damage has been done by crystals already. 



The Crystal Sage caught me off guard in a big way. Firstly I did nothing to bolster my defences against magic and Secondly I widely underestimated how tough the fight would actually be. The result? My first loss to a boss. 

I am not a huge fan of magic in games or at least going out of my way to try it. However there is something incredibly enticing about magic in Dark Souls as you feel that the act alone of raising your stats high enough to use it is an achievement. 

The Crystal Sage is otherwise a easy fight, lock onto the guy spraying purple Crystals everywhere and you have your winner.

Side note: Orbeck of Vinheim is in the Crucifixion woods. Unfortunately he didn't stay for very long in my play through as another NPC requested his untimely demise. That marks the third NPC that I've killed. Two maliciously and another by accident. 



No comments:

Post a Comment